- Recognize the role of communication in the organization
- Understand how communication can be improved in the organization
- Recognize how oral and nonverbal communication are important to the information system of business
- Observe the impact of the computer on communication in the organization
- Use information in an organization for decision making
- Name the categories of communication in an organization
- Identify the components of the communication process
- Distinguish the basic kinds of speeches, according to purpose
- Become audience or listener-oriented
- Speak in terms of the kind of audience response sought Assignment
The purpose of Effective Communications is to assist you in learning to write better and speak with confidence. To write well, you must be aware of language, style, tone and format. To speak well, you must overcome anxiety and master your subject.
Written Communications - Spelling, Grammar and Mechanics, Letter Writing, Preparing Reports
Public Speaking - Speech Preparation, Developing Ideas, Presentation Methods and Techniques
- Identify the principal reasons for the emergence of labor unions
- Describe the historical attitude of management towards unions
- Characterize current management-union relations
As the economy changed from agrarian to industrial, the individual's source of employment changed. The majority of workers lost direct control of their economic destinies. The shift from self-employed to employee brought about a need for a whole new type of communications called industrial relations. Labor Relations explains the industrial relations communications.
This course will give you the following:
1. Historical and legal framework of unions.
2. Labor practices and dynamics of a labor union.
3. Collective bargaining.
4. Economics of unions.
5. Special challenges facing construction workers.
- Define management
- Distinguish between managerial efficiency and managerial effectiveness
- Explain what makes management a science and what makes it an art
- Name and describe four management functions
- Distinguish between management functions and management skills
- Explain the relationship between planning and coordination in organizations
- Describe a planning system based on goals and objectives
- Distinguish between goals and objectives
- Construct a well stated objective
- Define the various stages of conflict emergence
- Understand the importance of knowing what a conflict is about
- Discuss the various pitfalls faced by conflict managers
Management is commonly defined as "the conscious organization of people and resources to accomplish purposes". Although this definition expresses a concise distinction between people and resources, emphasizing that people are and should be valued differently than assets can be measured finitely, it can be expanded to "the conscious organization of people and other resources to accomplish purposes". This general definition reflects the importance of people and their skills as the major resources of most organizations. Human Resources Management, then, is the sum of the organizational processes through which people fulfill and influence the organizations' purposes.
$250 - CCA Textbook with one Test $180 - CCA Textbook only $100 - CCA Test with record of previous textbook purchase $110 - CCA Retest