More information regarding the project:
- Teachers get an outline for the entire program including a sample pack of supplies (card stock paper, straight pins, utility knife, glue stick, ruler). The book can be passed on each year and the teacher can replenish the supplies.
- The project duration is 10-12 classroom hours.
- Teams typically consist of 3 students working together on the project where they create their company identity, design their logo for business cards and stationery, write proposals and letters to customers, and design then build a mock up of the project they contracted to complete.
- The project is targeted for general study and technical schools as well as home school or virtual classroom settings. This also has possibilities for youth programs in general including Scouting programs and badges.
- There will be tax if sold to residents in South Carolina.
This is an opportunity for NAWIC chapters or members to sponsor the program for the workforce of tomorrow. Seriously consider supporting a local teacher or schools in making this program a reality for high school students in your community.